Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top 5 iPhone Apps

I've been using the iPhone since 2008 and the one thing I have learned is what the best apps out there are. I've narrowed it down to five and tried to pick things people don't usually mention, so hopefully this is helpful to you!

Top 5 iPhone Apps, in no particular order:



Starbucks Card Mobile (FREE): I am a Starbucks freak, so walking into a Starbucks without having to bring anything but my phone to pay for my coffee is great, not to mention everyone thinks it's "so cool" when you use it in front of them. Check balance, reload & pay for your drinks with this app! I think all credit cards should adopt this format!


MapQuest (FREE): If you currently pay for a GPS system....I feel bad for you. This app is wonderful, it talks to you in a nice, clear woman's voice to give you directions with ease. At this point, GPS can almost be obsolete because of this App. If you don't have it yet...get it - you won't be sorry!


Accounts - Checkbook ($1.99): What is better than being able to balance your checkbook and savings account, and more accounts if you have them? The app is password protected to the point where if you are interrupted by a text message while working in the app, you gotta put in your password again. This is my lifeline. For real.

Wikipanion (FREE): Wikipedia in your pocket! Who could ask for more? It's so much easier to just whip out this app instead of using Safari or Google search to find a quick birthdate of a celeb or someone's name in that movie you love. If you don't have this on your iPhone, where have you been??


Skee-Ball ($0.99): This app is the ultimate time-killer. Once you get the hang of it you feel like some sort of a skee-ball master. There are in-app purchases so you can add more balls and ramps to purchase with all the tickets you'll win. It's tons of fun, my favorite game on the iPhone...hands down!


BONUS MENTION: eWallet ($9.99): This is a lifesaver. If you have a lot of passwords, can't memorize your credit card numbers or accounts, and have links to "questionable" websites, this app is for you. I know it sounds expensive but believe me, it's worth it. What's great is you can easily sync between your computer, iPhone & iPad (which is what I do). The app is totally secure and password protected!



2 comments:

Post a Comment