Monday, October 17, 2011

*Rant* - Today's Broadway Shows

Remember when broadway was all about this:



Yes, me too. And I miss it. Okay, so Chicago & Wicked are still currently playing on Broadway but the point I'm trying to make is...everything on broadway now is based off of a film. It's strange. Back in the day musical films were based off of the original broadway show. Now we've got it backwards. Legally Blonde, Bring It On, Sister Act, TONS of Disney movies, etc. 

Broadway is all about that now and with some major film star as a featured actor in the shows. It isn't fair. Lots of people are on Broadway because THAT was their ultimate goal in life, to be on Broadway. Not just to be on Broadway then go into TV and movies later. Why should these talented triple-threats have to worry about not getting their chance because Catherine Zeta Jones gets it instead??

I would just like some originality back on broadway, not something I've already seen before on the big screen. And I'd love to see a broadway show completely made out of actors that have NOT won Academy Awards for once.

That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment