Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Closer and closer I get....

....to becoming a Professional Makeup Artist/Nail Technician! Total career change. I did personal insurance for 7 years (I lost my 20s to that horrible profession) and am ready to switch to a profession that I know I love! <3

Headed on over to meet with my Career Counselor today. I got laid off from my job just about 2 months ago, and in order to get the Education Grant through the WIA Act, there are a LOT of steps to do so. So far I've completed steps 1-2-3, and I'm going to start steps 4-5-6 within the next couple of weeks.

I am very excited to get started. Luckily in RI you only need a license to be a Nail Tech, but not one to be a Makeup Artist. HOWEVER, I plan on going to the Newport Hairdressing School (www.newportschoolofhairdressing.com) and then taking the online Makeup Artist course I found the other day at QC Makeup Academy (www.qcmakeupacademy.com) to obtain the Certified International Makeup Professional (CIMP) designation, and get a portfolio set up.

I am very, very excited about this. I wish I could start now but as they say...patience is a virtue! I really should repeat that to myself more often...

0 comments:

Post a Comment