Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Current Skincare Routine!

Being a beauty guru can be high maintenance, and I wouldn't have it any other way! I wanted to show you all my current day and night skincare routines, and threw in a few extras as well! Hopefully this will give you all some ideas. I'm really liking my routine right now, though it definitely changes from time to time!


Daytime Routine
  1. Biore Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser: This stuff is awesome. I have combination skin and it's not easy to find a cleanser meant for combination skin in the drugstore. It lathers up well and doesn't dry me out OR make me oily. Perfect for my combo-skin!
  2. Origins Never A Dull Moment Skin-Brightening Face Polisher: I use this 3x per week. It smells amazing, has a VERY FINE grit to it, and always makes me feel refreshed after I use it.
  3. Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner: I apply this with a cotton ball. It helps wake me up a bit more and is extremely non-irritating to the skin.
  4. Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer With Sunscreen - Combination/Oily: This stuff has been around FOR YEARS. My mother uses the sensitive skin version and hasn't strayed from it since the 90s. It's just a great, no-frills daytime moisturizer!
  5. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller: This stuff is cooling and has caffeine in it, so it makes you look awake when you might not be. Highly recommended for anyone who can't get their eyes open in the morning!
  6. Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm - Cherry Flavor: Just a great lip balm to use in the morning before putting on my makeup. It primes the lips for a smooth lipstick application!
Sorry about the lighting!!!! :-(
Nighttime Routine
  1. Pond's Clean Sweep Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes: I like that these wipes are textured, and they smell nice, too. A few sweeps around my face gets most of the makeup and residue OFF my face.
  2. M.A.C. Cleanse Off Oil: I wipe this gently into my eyes, rinse with warm water and voila! Eye makeup is all gone!
  3. Bioderma Crealine Sensibio H2O: I put some on a cotton pad, wipe my face, and repeat. It is a no-rinse cleanser and it feels like you are washing your face with pure water. Awesome stuff! Just pat dry and you are all set!
  4. Claudale Beauty Elixer: This stuff is so great to use at night. A quick shake and a few spritzes onto your face makes you feel instantly refreshed. And it SMELLS AMAZING!
  5. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado: This stuff is so great to moisturize under the eye area. It's unscented and very good for the sensitive eye area. A little goes a long way!
  6. Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial: LONG name, but a great nighttime moisturizer. I like that this eliminated the need for a dark spot correcting serum. I have acne scars and so far it's really helped!
  7. Lush Lip Scrub in 'Sweet Lips': This tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Just scrub your lips with it and then you can lick it off, because it's made with pure sugar and natural flavoring!
  8. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve: This is just such a GREAT night time lip treatment. Smells great but doesn't taste like anything, and keeps my lips soft all night long!

Extras (used sparingly/when needed)
  1. Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment: A spot treatment used at night if I have a blemish. You put it on the blemish without rubbing in, and in 2-3 days it's gone!
  2. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: I use this once a week after removing my makeup. It is AMAZING and clarifying, keeps my skin clear. And it's black which is interesting.
  3. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil: I use this stuff on my nails, hair, or my face and neck if my skin is feeling extra dry (like right now due to cranking the heat in my house) - it's amazing. A MUST HAVE!
  4. Freeman Chocolate & Strawberry Face Mask: This is a deep pore cleansing mask and it literally smells like chocolate. So much so that you have to keep it from the kids! Used once a week.
  5. Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks: A makeup artists must-have. You break one end of the stick, then the remover that is in there saturates the other side, and you can get in and erase any residue left behind in your eye makeup. Great stuff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment