Saturday, November 19, 2011

Beauty Tip Alert!

Last night I was browsing the web for the best eye makeup remover that won't irritate my apparently sensitive eye area.

Here's my story: Awhile ago I had a major problem with my eyelids becoming flaking and dry. I wasn't sure if it was the eye cream I was using at the time, or my primer, or whatever. They weren't itchy, just annoyingly flaky and dry. I had been faithfully using Sonia Kushuk's Remove Eye Makeup Remover because it was oil free, gentle and fragrance free as well. It just felt fresh on the skin. I probably used about 5 bottles of the stuff in all.

I then decided a few months ago that I was going to switch to Clinique for my skincare system, and after using these products for months on end I discovered that they were really doing nothing for my skin, but enough of that. That's off topic. I used up a tube of their Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and I did like this product because it was a lotion, not a liquid. HOWEVER...all the rubbing I was doing literally ripped off half of my eyelashes on my left eye. It looks like someone took scissors to them. So let's just say I did not want to repurchase it.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. I went and repurchased my old faithful Sonia Kushuk remover and began using it again and GUESS WHAT happened: Flaky, dry eyelids again! I had found the culprit of my eyelid problem. Hence my internet search last night.

And HERE IS WHAT I discovered....DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN:


OLIVE OIL!!!!

Yes, ladies & germs - this stuff really works! I used it last night and I shall never purchase eye makeup remover again. It's gentle, natural and has no fillers. Just wanted to share this lovely tip with you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment