Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lifestyle Change - I hope!

Well, I got a new "day" job and it starts on February 19th. I am THRILLED and excited, and mostly relieved. The road has been long, I've been without health insurance for over a year and I am going to be so happy to be getting it back.

Along with this comes a new schedule. I'll be working there 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday, and hopefully will be at the salon on Wednesdays & Thursdays 5:30-8:30 and Saturdays 10 AM - 3 PM.

Along with a new schedule will HAVE to come a new lifestyle change. Basically, I plan on doing some exercising for 15 minutes after work on Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays, then work my way up to 30 minutes in a few months. I used to do all my cleaning on Sundays but since that is going to be my ONLY day off, I plan on moving it all to Friday nights, leaving my Saturday evenings and Sundays completely free to relax or do whatever I want to do.

Next week, I plan on going to the grocery store to get some stuff for my lunches and snacks at work. All healthy but filling stuff!


Here's the list I've compiled for two weeks worth of snacks and lunches:
  • Apples
  • Tangerines
  • Green Grapes
  • Pomegranate Seeds
  • Bunch of Bananas
  • Celery Sticks
  • Baby Carrots
  • Cucumbers
  • Sliced Almonds
  • Low-Fat Granola
  • Whole-Grain Tortilla Chips
  • Reduced Fat Triscuits
  • Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedges
  • Pretzels
  • Low-Fat Yogurt
  • Fat-Free Ranch Dressing
  • Hummus
  • Peanut Butter
  • Luna Bars
  • Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine or SmartOnes micro. dinners
As you can see, I am not really a cook at all. I don't really see myself cooking lunches for the next day or putting a salad or sandwiches together as busy as I am gonna be so, the TV dinners are the best I'm gonna do haha.

Wish me luck with this, and I wish you all luck with any lifestyle changes YOU all might be making within your own lives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment